A ‘STUDY’ THAT CLAIMED TO HAVE INTERVIEWED WOMEN (FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD) CONCLUDES THAT, THE FOLLOWING ‘THOUGHTFUL GESTURES’ ARE WHAT EVERY WOMAN EXPECTS FROM HER MAN-EVEN WHEN SHE DOES NOT VOICE IT!!!
‘’Always try to make me laugh, touch my heart and my soul-before you touch my body’’
“Laugh with me, not at me.”
“Never make me feel belittled”
“Deal with me in terms of b...iblical or unbiblical, or better and best. Deal with me in terms of preference or ideal, NOT in terms of wrong, bad or stupid.”
“Communicate with me in advance, in process and in wrap-up. I’m not a mind reader. When I ask you a question about what you’re thinking, don’t treat it as me disrespecting or some kind of disruption. I am just trying to get in on the thought process. When we are wrapping up or we are finishing plans, debrief with me. I want us to be a team…start seeing me as a partner”
“Include me.”
“Inspire and challenge me, not correct or chasten or scold. I’m not a child. Don’t use phrases like, “You shouldn’t do… or “don’t you ever…”
“See me as a valuable asset. I am a valuable contributor. See me as a good balance and as someone good to have on the team. I want to be seen as someone you would ‘pick first on the playground’ otherwise I think that you’d rather have someone else.”
“Accept me as I am. I have strengths and limitations. I want you to see my gifts and abilities and think I am awesome!”
“Be patient with me. I’m capable. Give me grace for a learning curve. If it’s new give me time to learn it. Give grace for natural gifting. It may be something that comes easily for you, but not for me. If I’m struggling it’s because it’s something that doesn’t come naturally for me. Think about how you would struggle with things that are my natural gifting.”
“Remember these are BOTH our kids. Participate like they belong to BOTH of us.”
“Support me. Value my contribution. Don’t treat it lightly. And help me. When you help me, balance ‘asking’ versus ‘just doing’. Sometimes when you help you are in the way. So ask. Sometimes you need to be intuitive and just come start helping. I know that seems picky but just try and you’ll know by my response if you should be asking or doing.”
“Don’t compare my contribution to yours. Don’t minimize or upset my contribution either. Don’t undo or undermine it. If I make a plan for the house, participate in the plan.”
“Pray for me. Cover me daily. Seek God for my desires. If you don’t know what to pray, ask me. But you’ll always know what to pray if you just remember that I want to ‘be better, have better, and do better.’
“Always remind me that I am still beautiful-even if we have been married for GOD KNOWS HOW LONG and BABY MAKING is taking its toll on my figure’’.
‘’Don’t make be believe you are cheating on me-talk less of letting me witness it…it will devastate me and our marriage may never recover from the damage’’
‘’Always try to make me laugh, touch my heart and my soul-before you touch my body’’
“Laugh with me, not at me.”
“Never make me feel belittled”
“Deal with me in terms of b...iblical or unbiblical, or better and best. Deal with me in terms of preference or ideal, NOT in terms of wrong, bad or stupid.”
“Communicate with me in advance, in process and in wrap-up. I’m not a mind reader. When I ask you a question about what you’re thinking, don’t treat it as me disrespecting or some kind of disruption. I am just trying to get in on the thought process. When we are wrapping up or we are finishing plans, debrief with me. I want us to be a team…start seeing me as a partner”
“Include me.”
“Inspire and challenge me, not correct or chasten or scold. I’m not a child. Don’t use phrases like, “You shouldn’t do… or “don’t you ever…”
“See me as a valuable asset. I am a valuable contributor. See me as a good balance and as someone good to have on the team. I want to be seen as someone you would ‘pick first on the playground’ otherwise I think that you’d rather have someone else.”
“Accept me as I am. I have strengths and limitations. I want you to see my gifts and abilities and think I am awesome!”
“Be patient with me. I’m capable. Give me grace for a learning curve. If it’s new give me time to learn it. Give grace for natural gifting. It may be something that comes easily for you, but not for me. If I’m struggling it’s because it’s something that doesn’t come naturally for me. Think about how you would struggle with things that are my natural gifting.”
“Remember these are BOTH our kids. Participate like they belong to BOTH of us.”
“Support me. Value my contribution. Don’t treat it lightly. And help me. When you help me, balance ‘asking’ versus ‘just doing’. Sometimes when you help you are in the way. So ask. Sometimes you need to be intuitive and just come start helping. I know that seems picky but just try and you’ll know by my response if you should be asking or doing.”
“Don’t compare my contribution to yours. Don’t minimize or upset my contribution either. Don’t undo or undermine it. If I make a plan for the house, participate in the plan.”
“Pray for me. Cover me daily. Seek God for my desires. If you don’t know what to pray, ask me. But you’ll always know what to pray if you just remember that I want to ‘be better, have better, and do better.’
“Always remind me that I am still beautiful-even if we have been married for GOD KNOWS HOW LONG and BABY MAKING is taking its toll on my figure’’.
‘’Don’t make be believe you are cheating on me-talk less of letting me witness it…it will devastate me and our marriage may never recover from the damage’’
No comments:
Post a Comment