Monday, 1 July 2013

PUPPIES FOR SALE…A SHORT STORY!!!


 A farmer put a sign- "puppies for sale" in front of his house. One day ,a little boy from across the street walked up to the farmer’s house, knocked on the door and said "Mister, I want to buy one of your puppies". He reached into his pocket, pulled out some money, held out his hand and said "is this enough?" The farmer counted the money, "thirty nine cents! This ...is exactly enough!" Said the farmer. The little boy was excited and the farmer took the little boy to the barn to pick out a puppy. He opened up the pen where the puppies were being kept. Immediately the puppies jumped out and began to frolic about. One puppy came out slowly and kind of hobbled and limped, dragging his back legs as if something was wrong with them. The little boy was drawn to this puppy, so he said "there, that one, I want that one." The farmer concerned said "oh, you don't want that one, he will probably not be able to run around and play with you like the others, something is wrong with him." The little boy reached down and rolled up his pant leg to reveal a crippled left leg -supported by a big metal brace. He looked up at the man and said, "Well, I don't run so well myself and the little puppy will need someone who understands."
LESSON: We all have weaknesses, frailties, and issues we deal with. Though hidden, they are there. We all need someone who understands and cares. Someone who loves us as we are and is willing to be there for us…UNKNOWN.
‘’Life will be much more bearable if our reaction to the frailties/issues of others is that of UNDERSTANDING and nothing more.EVERYONE (and I mean-the powerful, the rich, the poor, you and I) out there yearns for someone who will simply UNDERSTAND’’

No comments: